In 2018 we’re giving $50k to Australia’s most loved Charities.
$50 one-off donation = 50 Votes.
$50 per month = 250 votes (50 votes x 5)
As well as cash grants, we’ll be recognising Australia’s most popular Kids and Community charities with our ‘Top #10 Community Charity’ awards. Don’t delay, vote or donate to your Favourite Charity now.
Help us Find Australia’s most loved Kids and Community Charities
Are you an Australian Charity, not-for-profit or community group?
Register for free here . Once you’re registered, ask your supporters to vote for you and you could be sharing in $50k this year, plus raising donations, finding new supporters and gaining national exposure. And it doesn’t matter how big or small you are, we’ve set aside grants for grassroots charities.
Corporates and Philanthropic Trusts – Sponsor a Grant.
Find out about sponsoring a grant with MyGivingCircle. By sponsoring a grant – you’re making a real difference for Australian not-for-profits and the communities they serve while meeting your philanthropic, corporate responsibility or marketing goals. Click here to find out more.
The Giving Circle FAQs
How are the winners determined?
Before each grants round (we do several throughout the year) we'll announce the amount and how it will be distributed.
Our current round closes on Dec 15th 2018 and the grants will be distributed as follows:
$35,000 shared between #60 Charities. The #10 Charities with the most Votes in each category - Disadvantaged, Medical, Community, Dogs, Cats, non-domesticated animals - will receive grants as follows:
- The Charity with the most votes overall across all categories will receive our major $5,000 grant
- The Charities with the most votes in each category will receive $2,000 each. 6 grants in total.*
- The 2nd Charity with the most votes in each category will receive $1,000 each. 6 grants in total.
- The 3rd, 4th and 5th Charities with the most votes in each category will receive $500 each. 18 grants in total
- The 6th-10th Charities with the most votes in each category will receive $100 each. 30 grants in total
- All Charities with 1,000+ votes are eligible to receive 1 of 10 $100 Grants. MyGivingCircle will review the profile of all Charities with 1,000+ and award them to the charities with the most inspiring profiles and missions.
* The charity with the most votes overall (which will also have the most votes in it's own category) will get $5,000 in total. $2,000 for winning their category and a bonus $3,000.
To receive a grant a Charity must have at least 1,000 votes by 15th December.
Is there a minimum donation level if I donate?
The minimum donation amount is set at $20. If you're not in a position to donate, you can can still vote for your favourite charity for free once a week and share the Giving Circle with your friends and ask them to vote as well.
What fees do MyGivingCircle charge?
We charge a platform fee of between 0% - 6.5% on donations received to allow us to maintain and improve the website for the benefit of all our amazing charities.
What happens if I make a donation?
All donations are processed securely via stripe or paypal and sent to your charity of choice each month.
If you sign up for monthly giving we add 5 Votes for every $ you commit to.
For example if you commit to $50 a month we add 50 x 5 votes = 250 votes.
If I choose regular giving can I cancel anytime?
We understand peoples financial circumstances change, and you are free to cancel your regular giving at any time by logging into your account. Please note however that we add extra votes for regular giving (we love regular giving!). If more than 10% of a Charities regular donors cancel within 3 months of a draw date it can effect their eligibility for a grant
How often can I vote?
You can vote once a week for your favourite Charities and choose up to 3 each time. Votes cast more often than once a week are disregarded. You can donate as often as you want, and we add 1 Vote for every $ you give as a one-off donation and more if you commit to monthly giving. Please be aware that if you vote using fake email addresses or multiple email addresses your vote will not count. Even if you see the vote count go up, all fake votes are scrubbed before the grants are awarded.
Will I be contacted by any Charities or Grants Sponsors?
When you vote or donate to a Charity they may wish to contact you to thank-you for your support and keep you up-to-date with the work they're doing. When it occurs, contact will usually be via email, and in some instances telephone. When a Charity wishes to contact a supporter we have strict guidelines in place that include:
- Only Charities that you have voted for, donated to, or indicated as one of your favourites can make contact. We do not share your details with any Charity you have not indicated as one of your favourites.
- If making contact by telephone, they are only able to contact you once unless you ask for more information or consent to be contacted again. Your contact details are not stored for future contact.
- If making contact by email there must be a clear and easy way for your to unsubscribe from future emails
- They must be courteous, professional and polite. We hope you'll be interested in hearing from them, but if you're not, no further contact is made
- They must abide by the Fundraising Institute of Australia's guidelines regarding contacting you, which can be found here
If you believe any Charity is not abiding by these guidelines we want to hear from you and you can send an email with the details to [email protected]
When you vote in a Giving Circle the grants sponsor may wish to email you to thank you for voting, let you know which charities received the grants and/or introduce themselves and their product(s) to you. By voting you are giving express consent to be contacted via email only by the grants sponsor on the basis that:
- contact can only be via email unless you are informed otherwise
- you will always have the option to unsubscribe from any further communications from the sponsor
If you have any concerns about being contacted by a grants sponsor via email you can opt-out by emailing your details to [email protected]
$35,000 shared between 60 Charities including the Top #10 Kids and Community Charities
1st overall (all categories) receives $5,000
1st Kids and Community Charity receives $2,000
2nd Kids and Community Charity receives $1,000
3rd - 5th Kids and Community Charities receive $500 each
6th - 10th Kids and Community Charities receive $100 each
All Charities with 1,000+ votes eligible for $100 Grants
Each $ = 1 Vote
The votes above are a preliminary count and may be adjusted up or down. A final count will be done before prizes are awarded. If you work for a charity listed above and are concerned that the count is not accurate please contact us
All nominations are counted and stored, but only charities that are registered appear above and are eligible. If you wish to register your Charity for free, please click here
To receive a grant a Charity must have a minimum of 1,000 votes. Click on the FAQ tab for full Terms and Conditions for all Grants.