Child sexual abuse and exploitation is not an isolated or only concern certain nations. Children with access to internet can be targeted regardless social status, cultural background or family environment!
The problem has really just took off with the evolution of certain technologies, and the explosion of internet where nearly 52% of the world population has access to it.
So here we are! A young non for profit with a different approach that aims:
- Involve the young community and leverage tech skills to be used on the fight!
- Fight child sexual abuse empowering technology
SnowBell bases on 4 pillars:
1. Research and awareness: we run research to understand the issue deeply and create awareness among our community… education! Is the key! And a unified society makes the difference
2. Protection: In Australia 9 out 10 teens have a smartphone! And at least 23% have admitted being cyberbullied or have bullied to someone
Our approach -> Protection apps development! Artificial intelligence can help stop online groomers and cyberbullying, and we are currently running research for the development.
3. Identification & disruption: On surveys conducted by multiple organisations, 75% of sex slavery victims have affirmed to be advertised online during their exploitation, and 74% to have access to a smartphone with internet after 2004. Technology can be applied to detect predators and victims online!
4. Prediction: We will be able to model and detect georisk areas