Let’s make a difference by giving $5k to 5 Australian Indigenous Charities.
Giving Circles let people who care about a similar cause use the power of Collective Giving to make bigger impact donations – and we want you to experience it for free.
Simply join Australia’s Indigenous Charities Giving Circle and nominate your favourite Charities that are helping First Australians. Once we reach 5,000 members we’ll use your nominations to decide which Charities to donate $5k too.
There are over half a million Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people live in Australia and the reality is there’s an enormous gap between indigenous and non-indigenous Australians. Together we can find those charities committed to helping and support them in their mission.
Our Giving Circle can support Charities focussed on education
Here’s How it Works:
- Join for free and nominate up to 3 Indigenous Charities.
- Spread the Word. When you share, tell people your favourite charity and why you love them.
- We’ll make 1 x $2k donation, 2 x $1k donations and 2 x $500 donations on your behalf. The charity with the most nominations receives $2k and the next 2 most nominated charities – with annual income below $1m – get $1k each. 4th and 5th receive $500 each.
Our Giving Circle can support Charities focussed on Indigenous Health
Why join Australia’s Indigenous Charities Giving Circle?
- It’s free.
- Donating $5,000 feels amazing!
- You can advocate for the Charities you Love.
- You’re part of a community of people who share your passion.
Want to Do More?
Are you a Charity supporting Indigenous Australians?
Register your charity for free here to be eligible to share in our $5k Collective Giving initiative.
The Giving Circle FAQs
Can anyone join Australia's Indigenous Charities Giving Circle?
Absolutely. Anyone with a passion for helping Australian Aboriginal and Torres Islanders is invited to join this Giving Circle
How are the winning charities determined?
The winning charities will be determined by the nominations of the members of the Giving Circle. The charity with the higher number of nominations, regardless of size will receive $2k. The next 2 prizes of $1k each will be reserved for the charities with the most nominations AND annual operating income of less than $1m. 4th and 5th each get $500. We want to make sure that charities both large and small have a chance to benefit from our Collective Giving
Is there a minimum donation level?
What happens if we don't reach our target?
The $5k will be donated once we reach 5,000 members and this Giving Circle will remain open until we do. The sooner we reach our target, the sooner we can make our $5k donation so all we ask is that people share the Giving Circle with their network.
Who are the Supporting Charities?
This Giving Circle is supported by a small number of Charities that share your concerns and passion. Their participation helps cover the costs of MyGivingCircle. As part of their support a maximum of 2 may contact you to thank you for participating and to update you on their work. We take your privacy seriously and have the following guidelines in place:
- Only a maximum of 2 Charities are permitted to contact you after you vote, regardless of how many support this Giving Circle.
- They are able to contact you once only, unless you ask for more information or consent to be contacted again. Your contact details are not stored for future contact.
- They must be relevant to you and support causes you care about.
- They must be courteous, professional and polite. We hope you'll be interested in hearing from them, but if you're not, no further contact is made
- They must abide by the Fundraising Institute of Australia's guidelines regarding contacting you, which can be found here
If you believe any supporting charity is not abiding by these guidelines we want to hear from you and you can send an email with the details to [email protected]
Votes Leaderboard. Top #40 share $22k. Guaranteed Prizes for Animal • Disadvantaged • Medical • Other Charities
1st = $2k • 2nd & 3rd = $1k each • 4th & 5th = $500 each
Scroll or use 'Find my Charity' to find your Favourite Charity.
Donate to your Favourite Charities and they get an extra vote for every $ you give!
Each $ = 1 Vote
The votes above are a preliminary count and may be adjusted up or down. A final count will be done before prizes are awarded. If you work for a charity listed above and are concerned that the count is not accurate please contact us
All nominations are counted and stored, but only charities that are registered appear above and are eligible. If you wish to register your Charity for free, please click here