• a ‘not-for-profit’ charity started in 1969
• affiliated with 20 other Associations to support 46 000+ Australian ostomates
• designed to support people who have had surgery resulting in a stoma (ostomates)
• distributing the stoma products needed for the 3 600+ members in Western Australia
• giving support to members aged from 2 days to 104 years old via newsletters, meetings and personal contact
• providing a specialised stomal therapy nursing service to local, rural and remote ostomate members
• providing allied health professional contacts for assistance to return to wellness
• actively increasing community awareness of living with a stoma
People should support us because a stoma is a hidden "change of personal functioning" not well known to the general public and people affected need to be encouraged to regain a normal life style after a (usually) traumatic experience.
This surgery can affect anyone – even the fittest person and there needs to be an organisation dedicated to supporting a return to wellness
We add Feature Views for every $ you pay.
Every $1 you chip in to feature WA Ostomy Association gets them featured 100 times to help them get more votes and supporters.