VAC (Victorian AIDS Council) was originally formed in 1983 in response to the HIV epidemic and, in recent years, broadened its purpose to work towards improving the health and wellbeing of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ) community.
In 2018, VAC celebrates its 35th Anniversary, providing us the chance to reflect on our past and providing YOU with an opportunity to be a part of our future. Help us work towards our vision of a future without HIV, and a world where all sexually and gender diverse people live with dignity and equal rights, participating fully in our society, through providing:
• HIV risk reduction education campaigns
• Emergency financial relief including food, clothing and furniture
• In-home care and support
• Improved health information around breast and cervical screening for lesbian, bisexual and queer women
• Intimate partner and family violence support
• Mental health and counselling support
• Alcohol and other Drugs programs
• General Practice for the trans and gender diverse community
• Peer Support and Education programs
VAC relies on the generosity of its supporters to continue a number of vital projects and activities, so every cent you donate helps make a difference.