Liver Kids Australia provides support and education to Australian families who have children with a liver disease, are waiting for a liver transplant and liver transplant recipients. It is the only Australian charity to focus on liver disease in children. Approximately 1 in 10,000 children are born each year with a liver disease. These diseases can impact physical, social and academic development at various stages and many children have regular and sometimes prolonged, visits to hospital. A significant number of children will suffer cirrhosis and organ failure with approximately 50% requiring a liver transplant.
Your donation will help children with liver disease by:
• Contributing to social activities and outings to bring the children together.
• Improving access to peer support for families.
• Providing funds for necessary, but sometimes costly, appliances and supplements.
• Contributing to research into the causes of childhood liver diseases.
• Developing education material for healthcare professionals about diagnosis and treatment.
• Developing education material for families to help them manage medical, lifestyle, health and wellbeing issues.
• Providing funds for Grants to families facing financial hardship as a result of their child’s prolonged hospitalisation.