Meet the Team
Having started and sold a couple of Internet companies when the Internet was still shiny and new, Aaron was determined that any future project would focus on social good. While thinking about what that would look like, he participated in a Giving Circle (without even knowing there was a name for it!) and was amazed at how engaged everyone in the circle was with the entire process of choosing and supporting a good cause.
A few months later, and with some great support from both individuals and companies – MyGivingCircle.org was born, and Aaron looks forward to seeing where this journey takes everyone involved.
John Epta is a Director of Tonic marketing and head of Technical Development of MyGivingCircle.org. With over 10 years technical and marketing experience, plus a long association with not-for-profits such as the Australian Weightlifting Federation, John helps transform the vision into reality with his technical team
Head of Sales
Jamie Bakewell is a Director of Tonic Marketing and Letterbox Media and our go-to sales and marketing lead. Letterbox Media in conjunction with Australia Post reaches almost every Australian household and Jamie is keen to explore the intersection between mass marketing and social enterprises and see how such a large reach can translate into empowering passional individuals to make real change in their community
Tonic Marketing is an Australian based marketing and technical agency that works with companies like LG Australia, Microsoft, Sonic Healthcare and CareerOne. When Aaron came to them with the idea of GivingCircles they saw a perfect opportunity to use their skills and passion to build a social enterprise that can make a meaningful impact in the community. Their support and drive helps allow MyGivingCircle.org to deliver on their promise of matching passionate individuals with good causes that they care about.
To give Charities, not-for-profits and community groups – large and small – a chance to:
– Fundraise cost-effectively and efficiently
– To be eligible to receive co-funding via our prize draws, donor-matching and corporate partners
– To raise their profile to a large, vibrant community of people who are passionate about helping good causes
– To learn and share ideas with other charities on ways to engage with new and existing supporters
To give individuals from all walks of life a chance to:
– Nominate and advocate for their favourite charities to receive co-funding via our prize draws, donor-matching and corporate partners
– Donate to their favourite Charities, knowing their donations have more impact when they donate via a Giving Circle
– To feel part of a community of people who share a passion for particular causes
To give companies, corporates and philanthropists – large and small – a chance to:
– Co-donate and provide prizes that motivate and encourage individuals to do more for their favourite charities
– Engage with passionate individuals where you’re involvement meets your social responsibility objectives and your marketing objectives.
– Do good and be seen to be doing good by a large community of people who care.
Interested in finding out more?