Collection of information
The main ways we collect Personal Information about you are:
- when you submit information, create an account or log-in to MyGivingCircle and/or add or amend your profile information
- when you or a 3rd party post information about or relating to you on the site
- when you vote, join a Giving Circle and/or make a Donation via PayPal, Stripe or our other payment providers as we may use from time to time, in which instance we receive details about your donation excluding credit card details; and
- when you use our site, in which case our system automatically collects information relating to your visit such as your IP address.
Third party consent
In addition, we may collect your Personal Information when you have given your consent to another party who holds Personal Information about you to allow us access to that Personal Information.
The type of information that we collect from you may include the following: your name, phone number, address, e-mail address, company, biography, IP address, or information stored or provided by cookies.
Why we collect, use and disclose your Personal Information
Our purpose in collecting information about you is to:
- provide you with a better service experience with content that is more relevant to your interests; and
- create an information database and associated content for use as part of mission of helping charities with their fundraising goals
- comply with (or because we are permitted) any relevant laws (including relevant privacy laws);
- we believe it necessary or appropriate in relation to providing you with a service which you have requested;
- to protect the rights, property or personal safety of another MyGivingCircle website user, any member of the public or employee or contractor; or
- To match you with Charities that we believe you may wish to support based on information you provide us
We will not use or disclose any information about you without your consent, unless:
In the absence of such consent we would not be able to provide the product or service you have requested or;
Your consent is considered to have been given whether expressly or not, due to the actions you have undertaken on our site.
Users of our site explicitly acknowledge and agree that:
- when they agree to vote, join, create a Giving Circle or make a Donation to a good cause, MyGivingCircle will disclose their name, contact details and Donation amount to the organisation providing the delivery of the good cause which may use that information for future donor communication, unless and until consent for such form of communication is withdrawn
- if a members Donation is unsuccessful at any time during the donation period (for example because your chosen method of payment fails), the organisation delivering the good cause may contact the member regarding the failed payment
- if a member is making a donation to an organisation that holds DGR status that their details will be provided to that organisation for the purpose of proving receipts for tax deductible purposes
- we may pass your contact details to Charities that we believe you may be interested in donating to, who may contact you directly. Further information on their contact can be found under ‘Supporting Charities’
Communication with you
In order to maximise the utility of our site and associated services we may use your Personal Information to send you information and updates about the Website and its associated services via email, telephone or post. You may withdraw your consent from each of these types of communication channel (and/or from all communication channels) at any time by using the unsubscribe functionality when available (e.g. on email communications) or by contacting us at [email protected]
Based on your profile we may from time to time provide your information to charities who we believe you may be interested in donating to and they may contact you directly. You may withdraw your consent from each of these types of communication channel (and/or from all communication channels) by making contact directly with the charity in question, or by contacting us at [email protected]. Further information on their contact can be found under ‘Supporting Charities’
If you are receiving promotional information from another party and do not wish to continue receiving this information, you should contact that other party to ask to be removed from their mailing list.
Access to the information we hold
You can request access to the Personal Information we hold about you by making a request via [email protected] and we will provide you with access unless we are legally authorised not to do so.
Changing and deleting the information we have about you
If at any time you wish to change Personal Information that is inaccurate or out of date or to have your Personal Information deleted, please contact us by e-mailing us at [email protected]
We will take all reasonable steps to change or delete information in response to such a request. If there is a reason that we cannot make that change or deletion, we will inform you of that reason.
Storage and security of your Personal Information
We will endeavour at all times to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. You should be aware however that the internet is not a secure method of transmitting information and, as such, we are not responsible for the security of any information sent or received over the internet.
Please note that MyGivingCircle may use overseas facilities including but not limited to the US and Europe to store, process or back up its information. As a result, we may transfer your Personal Information to our overseas facilities. However, this does not change our commitment to keep your information secure.
Third party websites