For 40 years, Weave Youth & Community Services has been empowering children, young people and communities to change their lives.
Through tailored programs Weave helps those in need to receive the right assistance at the right time. Sometimes it only takes a small amount of help to make a big impact and families’ say that they feel like Weave is a family.
We have 10 programs that sit under the umbrella of Weave. They range from early intervention and prevention programs, right through to programs supporting people facing complex issues.
Our programs help ensure:
• Families get the right help to support their children and teenagers.
• Counselling is available for those who would not usually access it
• Young people with mental health & substance use issues get holistic support in a non-stigmatizing environment.
• Children get access to quality afterschool and recreational support programs.
• Homeless young people get support to find safe, stable accommodation.
• Young people are diverted from the criminal justice system.
• Traditional Culture is acknowledged and respected
• Young people get access to leadership and educational opportunities.
We have up to 4 generations of families connected to our services. Over 65% of people that access Weave are Aboriginal.