Foundation House provides services to advance the health, wellbeing and human rights of people of refugee backgrounds in Victoria who have experienced torture or other traumatic events in their country of origin or while fleeing those countries.
• Provide services to clients in the form of counselling, advocacy, family support, group work, psycho-education, information and complementary therapies
• Work with client communities to improve their capacity to access the services they need and to enable them to support recovery
• Offer professional and organisational development, consultancy and resources to assist health, education, employment and other community service providers, to enhance the responsiveness of their services to the needs of people of refugee backgrounds
• Work with the Victorian and Commonwealth Governments to ensure that policies and programs have proper regard to the needs of people of refugee backgrounds
• Conduct and contribute to research about the needs of people of refugee backgrounds and the best possible ways of meeting those needs